Writing a proposal
For this task, you will write a proposal in response to the attached “Request for Proposals (RFP)” from the
Seamus Company. The company’s background information is included in the attached “Seamus Company
Context.” The attached “RFP Questions from Vendors” will help to inform your proposal.
Your proposal should demonstrate your research and your technology solution to the problem and show the
organization you can meet its needs. Consider what the organization wants (e.g., low cost, high quality,
efficiency) and how your proposed technology solution will meet the organization’s needs. The body of your
proposal should clearly and specifically outline the solution and how it will work.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission and no
more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from
sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used
as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that
will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric
aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Note: Every effort was made to ensure the attached “Request for Proposals (RFP)” is as authentic as
possible. You are responsible only for the requirements in the task below.
TASK OVERVIEW SUBMISSIONS EVALUATION REPORT
12/31/2020 WGU Performance Assessment
Create a proposal for the Seamus Company by doing the following:
A. Create a title page that includes each of the following elements:
• project name that summarizes the nature of the solution
• name of the proposer (individual or company)
• signature block with a space for your signature and the date
B. Create a table of contents.
C. Create an abstract that includes each of the following:
• summary of the problem
• recommendation of the solution
• description of how the proposed solution benefits the customer
• outcomes of the project
• funding requirements
• your expertise relevant to the solution you propose
Note: Expertise described here could be real or hypothetical to fit the scenario.
D. Create the body of your proposal by doing the following:
- Explain your proposed solution as it relates to the requirements in the attached “Request for
- Summarize three published works or case studies that inform the implementation of the proposed
- Describe how the goals, supporting objectives, and deliverables of the proposed project will be
- Provide a projected timeline with completion dates of the deliverables for your project.
- Provide a list of resources and their associated costs needed to implement the proposal.
- Explain how you will use an evaluation framework to measure the success and effectiveness of the
project once it is completed.
E. Justify how the technology solution meets the business needs of the Seamus Company.
F. Create a letter of transmittal or cover letter that includes the following:
• an introduction
• a body that expands on the reasons for the proposal
• a conclusion
Note: Any supplemental material that would help the company or organization understand the details of
the solution should be placed in an additional section titled “Appendix.”
G. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or
H. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.