This reading review activity tests your ability to research relevant material from academic sources.
Topic: This reading review activity tests your ability to research relevant material from academic sources.
Reading review activity tests your ability to research relevant material from academic sources.
First, read the White and Haines material from the Crime and Criminology textbook for Biological and Psychological Positivism and the chapter for Strain Theory.
For this task you’re required to take a topic or theme from one of the White and Haines chapters (at your discretion) and find another source of your own (peer reviewed academic journal articles are recommended).
To get good marks for the reading review activity your post must:
1. Contain a quote from BOTH sources that connects them in some way.
2. Contain a page reference in the proper format for each quote.
3. Contain a reference list in the proper format listing all sources in the correct style.
4. Contain a hyperlink to the source
5. Show an understanding of the type of source (book, chapter in an edited collection, peer reviewed journal article etc.)
6. Be relevant to the topic – i.e. Psychological positivism, Biological positivism etc…
7. Contain a brief summary of the article (no more than 1 short paragraph)
8. Explain why it is relevant to this weeks topics (no more than one short paragraph)
9. Pose a question of some kind to other students
10. NOTE: STUDENTS SHOULD ALSO ANSWER A QUESTION ASKED BY OTHER STUDENTS, this means making MORE THAN ONE POST to the discussion board over the course of this week.
White, R., Haines, F. & Asquith, N. (2012) Crime and Criminology (5th edition), Oxford: Oxford University Press
3. ALL NOTES will be no more than 2xA4 sides
4. Students should use the following format:
o Size 10 font. Times New Roman
o Single Spaced
o Default/standard margins (2.5cm)