THE BOOK OF ISAIAH
THE BOOK OF ISAIAH
You are to read J. J. M. Roberts’ article “Isaiah in Old Testament Theology,” and then you are to write a 1200-word (minimum) essay on the theological message of Isaiah. In the opening paragraph, you are to give a brief explanation of your understanding of the theological message of Isaiah, including a 1-sentence highlighted summary statement of the message of the book.
In the remainder of the essay, you are to highlight 4–5 key theological themes from the book of Isaiah and to explain and develop each of these themes. Use a separate heading for each theme and discuss key texts in the book of Isaiah that reflect these themes. You must also show how each of these themes connects to your understanding of the central message of the book. This paper is, in essence, your attempt to summarize and explain the major themes in the book of Isaiah.
You are to use a minimum of 5 reference sources appropriate for graduate-level research (and these can include your course texts and the Roberts’ article). You are encouraged to look at other explanations of the theology of Isaiah, but this essay needs to consist primarily of your original work and development of the message of Isaiah. Keep quotes of both outside sources and the biblical text to a bare minimum and properly footnote sources that you quote or cite. Biblical references must be placed in parentheses within the body of the paper and must not be footnoted. At the end of your paper, provide a bibliography of the sources used for your paper.
The paper must be double-spaced with 1-inch margins all around and must be written in 12-point Times New Roman font. The paper must reflect grammar, style, and spelling appropriate for graduate-level work.
***** ARTICLE CAN BE FOUND AT THE LIBERTY UNIVERSITY ONLINE LIBRARY: SIGN IN AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY ONLINE CURRENT STUDENTS ACCT: EDanielsJr Password- SPRING94 THEN GO TO ONLINE LIBRARY AND SEE THE ARTICLE**********
GRADING RUBIC: PLEASE SEE AND READ
INTERPRETIVE ESSAY GRADING RUBRIC
Element Criteria Excellent:
Satisfies criteria w/ excellent work Good:
Satisfies criteria Average:
Satisfies most criteria Poor:
Does not satisfy criteria Points
Earned Comments from Instructor
Introduction • There is a clear thesis statement. The topic is identified.
• The introduction provides a clear overview of the paper’s contents. 9–10 pts. 8 pts. 7 pts. 0–6 pts.
Structure • There are clear transitions between paragraphs and sections.
• The treatment of the topic is logically oriented.
• Assertions are properly supported by evidence. 9–10 pts. 8 pts. 7 pts. 0–6 pts.
Content • The major questions in the assignment document are addressed.
• The analysis is thorough.
• Analysis reflects critical thinking on the topic, rigorously engages the assigned readings and the biblical text, and provides solid biblical evidence for conclusions. 28–30 pts. 25–27 pts. 23–24 pts. 0–22 pts.
Conclusion • The conclusion offers a good summary of issues treated in the paper and offer practical application. 9–10 pts. 8 pts. 7 pts. 0–6 pts.
Sources • The bibliography contains the required number of sources
• Materials are properly cited and quoted.
• Quotations are relevant to the topic, kept to a minimum, and integrate well with the overall argument and logic of the essay.
• Current sources are used. 18–20 pts. 17 pts. 15–16 pts. 0–14 pts.
Style • The paper properly uses Turabian.
• The paper is properly formatted. It has a table of contents. Proper headings are used.
• Footnotes and bibliography are properly formatted.
• The paper reflects a graduate level of vocabulary.
• The paper is without spelling and grammar errors. 18–20 pts. 17 pts. 15–16 pts. 0–14 pts.
TOTAL EARNED Out of 100 points
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂