System Restoration Procedure Guide
One of the security improvements at Always Fresh is setting up a system recovery procedure for each type of computer. These procedures will guide
administrators in recovering a failed computer to a condition as near to the point of failure as possible. The goal is to minimize both downtime and data
You have already implemented the following backup strategies for workstation computers:
▪ All desktop workstations were originally installed from a single image for Always Fresh standard workstations. The base image is updated with all patches
and new software installed on live workstations.
▪ Desktop workstation computers execute a cloud backup every night at 1:00 a.m.
Consider the following for a computer that encounters a disk drive failure or some other error that requires restoration:
- How much data has been modified between the last backup and the time of failure?
- What images are necessary to recover the workstation?
- What are the steps necessary to fix the problem that cause the data loss?
- What steps should Always Fresh take to avoid a reoccurrence of this issue in the future?
Create a procedure guide that describes the necessary steps for recovering a desktop workstation computer. Fill in details for each of the following steps:
- Describe the processes of:
a. Fixing the problem that caused the failure in the first place. Keep the description of this process general. Just address the problem and ensure the
recovery process starts with a functional computer.
b. Restoring the newly repaired computer to a base workstation.
c. Restoring local data for the specific workstation that failed.
- Provide the steps to follow for each of the restore operations. Assume you will be using the Windows Backup and Restore utility.