Survey for a charity organisation
Your task is to design a brief survey for a charity organisation of your choice. You should choose a charity for this assignment and imagine that you design this survey on their behalf. In general, the charity organisation is interested in tertiary students’ [target market] awareness of your chosen organisation and their willingness to volunteer time to this organisation. You will also need to provide justification for your responses, please see Module 3 Assignment Rubric.
In particular, the charity organisation is interested in the following questions:
- To what extent are tertiary students aware of charity organisations, in general, and your chosen charity in particular (top of mind, prompted and unprompted)?
- What do tertiary students think of the perceived advantages and disadvantages of doing volunteer work?
- Have they done any volunteer work before? If yes, what and where?
- How likely would they do volunteer work for your CHOSEN charity? For other charities?
- Wat social media do they use? e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Snapchat etc.)?
- Demographics (Age and gender)
Length & Structure
Up to three pages (excluding the cover page). Material beyond three pages of ‘body’ will not be read.
You can decide how much of the three (3) pages your questionnaire and your justification will take up.
- Review your assignment using the rubric in this hand-out as a checklist.
- Signpost clearly (make good use of headings, white space, etc.)
- Spell check – use New Zealand spelling, not US spelling.
- Cut down on long words (use simple, easy to read but appropriate language).
- Allow time between drafts. Never hand in your first draft. Do consider giving your final draft to somebody else to review your work.
Please see Module 3 Assignment Rubric at the end of this handout. The Steps under Marking Criteria refer to the Steps in the Questionnaire Design that we covered in Session 9.
Please refer to the Department of Marketing Undergraduate Protocol for information about late assignments and plagiarism.
Module 3 – Assignment Marking Rubric
Marking criteria Poor
0 – 40% Average
41 – 60% Good
61 – 80% Excellent
81 – 100%
All research questions are addressed
The questionnaire fails to address all research questions The questionnaire addresses all research questions but also includes irrelevant information The questionnaire addresses all research questions with only including relevant information The questionnaire addresses all research questions with relevant information. Provides clear links and justification between the questions in the questionnaire and research questions.
(25 marks) Survey method is not selected Survey method is selected, but it is incorrect Survey method is correct, but lacks justification Survey method is correctly selected and justified
Content, Structure and Wording of Individual Questions
(25 marks) Issues relating to content, structure and wording are not addressed (e.g. ambiguous and complex questions) Issues relating to content, structure and wording are mostly addressed Issues relating to content, structure and wording are correctly addressed Issues relating to content, structure and wording are correctly addressed and well-justified
Flow, Form and Layout of the Questionnaire (25 marks)
Issues relating to order of the questions, logic of the questionnaire and layout are not addressed Issues relating to order of the questions, logic of the questionnaire and layout are mostly addressed Issues relating to order of the questions, logic of the questionnaire and layout are clearly and correctly addressed Issues relating to order of the questions, logic of the questionnaire and layout are correctly addressed and well-justified
Total 100 marks