• Social Media discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers using a social media platform as inspiration. In the social media discussions, students:
o Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
o Integrate outside scholarly sources and social media postings
o Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
o Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
• Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
• Best Practices include:
o Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
o Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
o Select different classmates for your reply each week.
There are many factors that will continue to impact community and population health.
- Consider the past achievements in public health as many have implications around the globe.
- Describe a global health concern that has impacted your community or those you care for.
- Discuss what surveillance data could be pulled from an electronic health record (EHR) you have used or currently use in your nursing practice.
- Take a moment to review the Twitter feed for compelling Tweets that are related to informatics, global health, and population health outcomes.
- Share an overview the Tweet and how it is likely to impact future collaborative trends in community health.
- Compose a 280-character or fewer Tweet that describes what you would like to see as a Tweet in the next decade related to public health achievements. Please try to be realistic, but also be visionary. Remember Twitter only allows 280 characters (this includes spaces, etc.) so you will need to be concise. It should include a hashtag. Include a reference URL if applicable. Share this Tweet in the discussion. (Note: A Twitter account is not required nor share your Tweet on social