Prepare a business report on: how does social media affect company´s economic performance ?
You are expected to collect primary empirical data..
The content of your report
• Title page
• Introduction – this short section should offer rationale for your chosen topic.
• Report topic/question. Aims and objectives – These must be succinct, achievable and coherent.
• Literature review – a short review of the literature which sets out relevant concepts and ideas you plan to utilise in your empirical study. You should include 5 academic sources in this section.
• Methodology/methods – short methodology section focusing primarily on research design. Briefly outline the population, sampling and research methods. Also state your proposed data analysis technique.
• Discussion of Findings
• Conclusions and limitations
N.B –data collection is necessary for this piece of work.
• Sub-headings should be used to separate main sections
• Sources of all research information must be clearly cited in the text. You are expected to use the Harvard referencing style. All sources of ideas other than your own in the report must be properly cited
• A separate references list must be included, with entries in alphabetical order
• Appendices are also allowed
• Text must be written in clear English
• Finished assignment will be well organized
• Finished assignments will demonstrate clear evidence of the group’s understanding of research methods and how they can be applied in practice
Presentation of the report
NB (The notes below refer to how the report looks. There is no oral presentation of this report in class).
• Reports must be word processed
• Line spacing: EITHER 1.5 lines OR double spaced
• Font: EITHER Ariel 12 OR Times New Roman 12
Introduction: Clear description of the topic & justification for its selection. Research aim/question and objectives should be clearly stated.
(150 – 200 words).
Literature Review: In-depth knowledge of what others have written on the subject relevant to the research questions. In this section, you are required to provide a brief review of relevant literature, i.e. what are the main issue (s) of contention, concepts that you will utilise in your empirical study. Provide a correct in-text citations using Harvard Referencing style
(250 – 300 words)
Methodology: The research methodology needs briefly to explain the main steps in your primary research, including the sampling method, the research methods, i.e. how primary data was gathered and then analysed.
(150 –200 words).
Discussion of Findings
This section should present and evaluate your findings from the analysis of your primary data. For quantitative data (e.g. from a questionnaire survey), this should take the form of suitable tables or charts, accompanied by relevant analysis/interpretation. For qualitative data (e.g. from semi-structured interviews), the content of the material needs to be evaluated using other suitable forms of analysis. It should also include comparisons with the literature where appropriate and discussion of any unexpected/unique findings. The results should be presented in an organised, logical and coherent manner.
(500 – 550 words)