Problem and Policy Analysis
Problem and Policy Analysis
Public policies set the framework for governance throughout the world. Understanding the impact and consequences of these policies is an important part of
understanding public administration. As we read and discuss in Pal’s book, “policy analysis is a process of multidisciplinary inquiry designed to create, critically
assess, and communicate information that is useful in understanding and improving policies” (Dunn, 2008, P. 1 as quoted in Pal, 2013, p. 15). The purpose of the PA 680
policy review is to analyze a federal, state, or local policy that is currently in action.
The analysis of Poverty in the County of San Bernardino your problem and policy should include, but is not limited to, the following questions. Use them as guidelines
to the content of your paper.
*Table of Content
1. Introduction to the policy and the problem it is trying to solve. Additionally, you need to discuss the methodology you will use to develop this analysis in this
2. Analysis of the problem. This includes:
• What is the problem in society that is being addressed by this policy?
• This problem must be relevant to life in the Inland Empire or the southern California region we live in.
• What are the costs of the problem or policy, (financial, societal, or both)?
• What is the origin or source to this problem?
• Is it a problem that can be solved? Without limits or under reasonable/likely conditions?
• Should it be solved by government or is it better solved through the private or non-profit sectors?
• Make sure you provide data and indicators to make your case.
3. Detailed description of the policy. This includes:
• What are the policy goals?
• Which level of government developed the policy? Which level is implementing the solution? Are these two different? If so, why?
• Major stakeholders involved. What was the initial intent of the policy? Who is expected to benefit from the policy?
• Is there another group that is actually impacted (positively or negatively?) by the policy? Who (person, agency, organization?) worked to get the policy put
into place and why? Who developed the policy?
• Are there any international actors or influences in the development of this policy?
• Are there any possible international impacts from this policy?
4. Discussion of the policy implementation.
• What are the instruments being used?
• Who is implementing the policy?
• What is the role of bureaucracy?
• What are the costs to implement this program? How many people are served?
5. Results of the policy
• How effective has the policy been?
• What are the limitations to the policy? Are the limitations greater than the successes or vice versa?
• What would be better direction for the policy? What corrections would you suggest be made to make the policy more effective?
The format for the policy paper must be: 12 pages paper, double spaced, 1-inch margins, and standard font (Arial, Times New Roman). Please use at least 8 sources to
back up your findings and conclusions. Must use correct APA style.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂