Preventing hospital readmission Caregiver-mediated exercises for improving outcomes after stroke.
The purpose of this assignment is to create the Educating Staff: Implementing Change Project PowerPoint presentation. Your plan is to educate the staff that will be involved in the pilot program. You will need to educate them on the problem, show the supporting evidence, and how your pilot plan will be implemented.
• The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be 15-20 slides; excluding the title and reference slides.
• Below are the main topics or bullet points for your slides:
a. Title slide
b. Description of the Ace Star change model that you have used for this project.
c. Practice Issue (Using the one of the required articles)
d. Scope of the problem—use basic statistics from what you know of the problem in your work area.
e. Your team/stakeholders
f. Evidence to support your need for change—from your Evidence Summary
g. Action Plan
h. Timeline for the plan
i. The nurse’s role and responsibility in the pilot program
j. Procedure (what steps are to be taken to complete this change process, from start to finish?)
k. Forms that will be used (if applicable)
l. Resources available to the staff—including yourself
Best Practices in Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
1. Be creative.
2. Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
3. Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
4. Use speaker notes (found under the section View and “Notes” in the PowerPoint template you choose. These are for your personal use to use as a reference if you are giving your presentation to an audience and they help faculty identify what you will speak to your audience about.
5. Review directions thoroughly.
6. Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
7. Proofread prior to final submission.
8. Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.