Practicum Experience Plan (PEP)
For this Assignment, you will consider the areas you aim to focus on to gain practical experience as an
advanced practice nurse. Then, you will develop a Practicum Experience Plan (PEP) containing the objectives
you will fulfill in order to achieve your aims.
For this practicum experience, be sure to develop goals and objectives that allow you to synthesize knowledge
and skills related to assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning.
• Review your Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form you submitted last week and
• think about areas for which you would like to gain application-level experience and/or continued growth as an
advanced practice nurse.
• How can your experiences in the practicum help you achieve these aims?
• Review the information related to developing objectives provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Your
practicum learning objectives that you want to achieve during your practicum experience must be:
o Reflective of the higher-order domains of Bloom’s taxonomy (i.e., application level and above)
• Discuss your professional aims and your proposed practicum objectives with your Preceptor to ascertain if
the necessary resources are available at your practicum site.
• Select one nursing theory and one counseling/psychotherapy theory to best guide your clinical practice.
• Explain why you selected these theories.
• Support your approach with evidence-based literature.