Network Diagram Concepts
Prepare a 6 to 8-slide Power Point presentation with speaker notes that illustrates the Network Diagram concepts. Using the partial Wedding Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) shown below (from Chapter 6, Exercise 1, page 189), describe the following concepts in the context of the wedding plans:
· How are the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and the Organization Breakdown Structure (OBS) related?
· Describe the purpose of the network diagram and the concepts of the Forward and Backward pass?
· Based on the Wedding WBS, identify the summary tasks. What is the implication of a summary task in terms of resources and time estimate when using MS Project?
· Based on the Wedding WBS, which activities could be concurrent or parallel activities? What is the purpose of using parallel activities? Which ones need to be successor activities to 1.4 Guests?
· After creating a network diagram for the wedding, the project manager learns that “1.5.4 Decorate reception hall” will be finished on May 17 and it has zero float. What are the implications for the wedding plan timeline? What does the critical path tell the project manager about a project?