Mentoring: A discussion
Topic: Mentoring: A discussion
– Task: Write a discussion outlining the literature and theory associated
with mentoring for beginning teachers. Specifically consider
1. What is mentoring?
2. What are the strengths and limitations of mentoring?
3. How is it utilised across multiple settings?
4. How does mentoring align to the role of an educational
5. What skills are required for an effective mentoring program?
– Assessment Criteria:
1. Structure and substance:
a. Relevance to topic
b. Stated requirements met
c. Logical and cohesive development of arguments
d. Supporting literature to support arguments
2. Succinct and fluent writing
3. Referencing style
4. Proof reading, grammar and syntax