Market Research Global Motors 13.2 & 14.2

Market Research Global Motors 13.2 & 14.2

Order Description

Case 13.2 The Global Motors Survey Differences Analysis

Case Questions
Your task is to apply appropriate differences analysis using the survey’s desirability measures from the GlobalMotors data file. Since you were not required to purchase the SPSS software I have completed the analyses and converted them to Word documents so you can access them.

You assignment is to develop a demographic profile for two of the five proposed models: the 1 SEAT ALL-ELECTRIC and the 4 SEAT GASOLINE HYBRID. You will find computer output files for each in the attached files. The variables that you must include are: Hometown size category, Gender, Marital status, Age category, Education category, and Income category. Only gender and marital status have 2 groups, so an independent samples t-test for was conducted for those variables and ANOVA’s were conducted for all others. For all ANOVAs a Duncan’s Post Hoc test was conducted to identify differences among groups. A 95% level of significance was used for the analysis. You have examples of output for these types of analyses in your text.

Case 14.2 The Global Motors Survey Association Analysis

1.) Use the TWO unique hybrid model demographic profiles that you developed in Case13.2 to determine whether or not statistically significant associations exist, and if they do, recommend the specific media vehicles for radio, newspaper, television, and magazines. Use the ZEN Motors advertising division’s preferred demographic for each medium.

This exercise requires you to revisit the demographic groups you found significantly different for each hybrid model style in Case 13.2. With Case 13.2, you identified groups within the various demographic variables that characterize each hybrid model’s target market. Here, you must determine the media preferences of those groups. I have run crosstabs for the demographic variables and the media preferences for each vehicle that are STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT associations. You must look at the percentages tables to determine the media vehicles that are preferred by each of the TWO model target groups you used for Case 13.2 (1 seat all-electric and 4 seat gasoline hybrid). If an association is NOT statistically significant it means that there is NO DIFFERENCE among the groups for that particular media. For example, for Radio preferences the variable GENDER is NOT statistically significant. That means that there was no difference between males and females regarding preferences for radio genres.

2. What is the life style profile of each of the possible target markets, and what are the implications of this finding for the placement of advertising messages that would “speak” to this market segment when the automobile model is introduced?

To obtain the data to answer this question a SPSS correlation analysis was completed. What you must do is to IDENTIFY the target Life Style group for EACH of the TWO proposed models that you have used in previous parts of this assignment (the 1 seat all-electric model and the 4 seat gasoline hybrid). The correlation analysis is located in one of the attached files.

Case 13.2 Example – Measures of difference

Here are some tips for you for Case 13.2
This chapter looks at measures of difference. That means that what you are trying to find out is whether there are differences between your various grouping variables (demographics) and the variable of interest (in this case the two proposed automobile models). You would also use this type of technique to see if there were differences among groups (say gender) and attitudes (say for example attitudes about global warming). Determining these differences is important in developing your strategies for a particular model for this case or for the global warming example you may find that women are really concerned about global warming and men are not (this is just hypothetical). So you would use this information for determining your target market and for development of communication strategies.
The statistical test that we are using is comparing differences among groups. If you have 2 groups (say males and females) you use an independent samples t-test. The “independent” part means that the responses of 1 group (males) do not affect the responses of the other group (females). When you have more than 2 groups you want to compare you use an Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) test. The statistical test for ANOVAs is the F test. So the output you have are the results of the ANOVAs for variables with more than 2 groups (like home town size) and t-tests for variables with two groups (like gender).
For the ANO VAs you look at the first table called “ANOVA.” Underneath that it lists they type of vehicle model.  There are two ways to determine whether you have statistical significance. One is to calculate the value for the F test (which is 18.167 for the 1 seat all electric) and compare that to the critical value, which you look up in an F table (which you should have used in your statistics class). The other way, which is what you should use for case 13.2, is to look at the column labeled Sig. This means significance. So if you want to have a confidence level of 95%, your Sig. level should be <.05 because being 95% confident means that there is a 5% (or .05) chance that you your conclusion is wrong and 95% chance that it is right (i.e., consistent with the data). If your significance level is <.05 it means that there is a statistically significant DIFFERENCE among at least one of the groups and the other groups. In order to determine WHICH group or groups are different you do a Post Hoc Test, which in this case we are using Duncan’s Post Hoc test because it is easy to interpret. This is found in the next table with the differences identified by different columns. Since we are trying to identify target market characteristics you want those group(s) with the statistically significant HIGHER mean value. Those group(s) represent your target demographic for that demographic variable. So it might be one group or it could be more than one group.

For the t-tests you would look the first table (labeled Group Statistics) that shows the mean values for each group to determine which group has the higher mean value (first table). Then you have to look at the next table (labeled Independent Samples Test) and the two columns labeled Levene’s Test for Equality of Variances). If the column with Sig. is <.05 you assume that variances of each group are unequal and you look at the t-value (and can compare that to the critical value found in a t-table) for the “Equal Variances NOT assumed” row) OR look at the “Equal Variances assumed” row if the Sig. value in the Lenvene’s Sig. column is .05 or >. So, choose the appropriate row for equal or unequal variances and look at the Sig. column in the section entitled “t-test for Equality of Means. If is <.05 it means that the differences ARE significant. You would then look back at the first table (Group Statistics) to see which group had the higher mean and that group is your target demographic for that variable. If the Sig. value is .05 or > it means that there is NO significant difference between the groups, therefore both would be your target demographics.
I hope that helps.
The files on the 1 seat all electric and 4 seat gas hybrid models are posted in the Assignments tab.

1.    5-seat standard size gasoline

Demographic Factor    Target market
Size of home town or city    Under 10,000, 10,00 to 99,999,100,000 to 499,999, and
500,000 to 1 million
Gender    Females
Marital status    Married
Age category    Between 35 and 49
Level of education    Post-undergraduate degree
College degree
Job category    All groups
Income category    Between $75,000 and $124,999
$125,000 and higher
Dwelling type    Single-family
Mobile Home


find the cost of your paper