States can protect against market crises through producing laws
and regulations that move situations of economic uncertainty towards
situations of risk. Critically discuss this claim with reference to ONE case
study of your own choosing.
• Brief history on the role of government?
• IRS coordinated with other private agencies to convert uncertainty to risk
• Note that the state is only one of the many players that attempt to convert uncertainty to risk.
• What is the role of government now?
• Many rules and regulations were adopted by both federal and state institutions (give examples)