Kevin Gallagher, RN, has access to all client records on his medical-surgical unit. Consider each of the following situations:
• Kevin’s mother is admitted to the unit where he works. Is it appropriate for him to view his mother’s electronic medical record? Explain.
• Kevin’s unit clerk also has access to Mrs. Gallagher’s record. Is it appropriate for her to view Mrs. Gallagher’s record? Explain.
• Kevin’s co-worker, Kanisha, is a paitent on the unit assigned to another staff nurse’s care. Is it appropriate for Kevin to review her chart or laboratory results?
• Describe how the ANA Scope and Standards assigned readings from Weeks 1 and 2 relate to this scenario. (Pages: 4-5, 18-20, 27-28, 38from ANA Scope and Standards of
Practice 2nd edition)
• Describe how the ANA Guide to the Code of Ethics assigned readings from Weeks 1 and 2 relate to this scenario.( Pages: 4-5, 18-20, 27-28, 38from ANA Scope and
Standards of Practice 2nd edition)
Please thoroughly answer all components of this Threaded Discussion Question.
• Your Initial post requires a minimum of two (2) cited sources to support your discussion: the textbook [Hebda & Czar (2013)] and a scholarly source which is a
nursing peer-reviewed journal article published within the last five (5) years
• In-text citations and references in APA 6th ed. format
• Post your word count for your Initial discussion (minimum 150 words excluding the salutation, your name, and references)
• Book to be use, must be use Chapters: 8-14
Hebda, T., & Czar, P. (2013). Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂