Implementing Change With an Interprofessional Approach Presentation
As a registered nurse, you will serve as a leader within your organization. Part of this role will entail being a change agent and spurring positive change on behalf of patients, colleagues, and the industry.
Consider a situation you experienced previously where change did not go as planned in your health care organization. Create a 10-15-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you will assess the situation and the steps that should have been taken to successfully implement change. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include an additional slide for the title and references. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the study materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and another at the end for References.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the background of the situation and the rationale for and goal(s) of the change. Consider the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of practice change in your response.
- Outline the advanced registered nurse’s role as change agent within the interprofessional and dynamic health care environment.
- Identify the key interprofessional stakeholders (both internal and external) that should be involved in change efforts.
- Discuss an appropriate change theory or model that could be used to achieve results. Explain why the theory or model selected is best for the situation. Include the ethical, social, legal, economic, and political implications of applying the change management strategies to practice change in your response.
- As an advanced registered nurse, outline how you would initiate the change.
- Describe the im