Human Centered Design
watch the feature film “Beyond Zero (Links to an external site.)” Once you have watched
the film, please reflect on and write about the following:
1) In what ways does the perspective on systems (and Interface’s role in those systems) evolve through the
story for Ray Anderson and the employees at Interface?
2) How do you see stakeholder theory at play in Interface’s strategy?
3) What design traits – practices, structures, and strategies – do you see coming out of the Interface story, as
well as Patagonia and Danone, to actually implement stakeholder theory? Give some examples.
4) What reflections do you have about the movie “Beyond Zero” and the Interface story?
5) In what ways might this story shift your own thinking about what is possible and/or strategic to undertake
with your challenge for this class?