Part I: Background
• Describe your chosen population segment.
• Explain one major social issue facing your selected population segment.
o Provide statistics and background data to document the social issues facing your selected population segment.
• Analyze the social and cultural factors contributing to the social issue.
o What are the political, economic, legal, practical, and ethical aspects of the issue?
o What are the multiple levels contributing to and/or perpetuating the issues (i.e., individual, group, and societal levels)?
o What are the personal, professional, and ethical implications on the society?
• Relate two sociological perspectives to provide context for your selected population in order to explain their most significant challenges faced by that population.
o Apply data from your research to support your claims about the challenges.
Part II: Research Proposal
Propose a statistical research project that directly relates to the social issue you identified for your selected population.
• Create a plan to conduct your research study, describing in detail what you want to measure and why. Below are a few points to include:
o Who would be involved?
o What would be a realistic timeline for completing your proposed project?
o How many people would be needed to conduct the research project from a staffing perspective?
o Which statistical analysis method (e.g., statistical tests/measurements) would be most appropriate for your application?
o How many subjects would you require for your study?
• Evaluate the importance of your proposed research study, and describe how the resulting data could best be used and which organizations or agencies will benefit best from it.
Writing the Paper
• Must be and formatted according to APA style.
• Must include a title page with the following
• Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
• Must use at least ten scholarly resources.
• Must document all sources in APA style.
• Must include a separate reference page.