ensure that the electric power generation process is in control.
You are a quality manager working on the Fox Island Wind Project. The project is now at the testing
phase and will be handed over to operations soon. As a quality manager, you want to ensure that the
electric power generation process is in control. For ten consecutive days, 5 times a day, you read
the meter at specific times throughout the day to measure the output of the power plant. These data
are stored in the attached Minitab worksheet. You will use the data and a Word document to answer
the following questions:
1. What is the appropriate control chart to study the process variability (within sample
variation)? Why? (4points)
2. What is the appropriate control chart to study the process mean (between samples variation)?
3. Use the data provided in the Minitab worksheet to display the charts. Copy and paste the charts
to the Word document and look for any evidence of assignable-cause variation (2points)
4. Is the electricity production in statistical control? Please explain. (6points)
5. What is a rational subgroup? And why is it important when collecting data for process analysis?
6. What advice do you have for the Fox Island Wind Power Project to maintain customer satisfaction?
Write a short report containing the answers to these questions. Successful reports will include:
Evidence of research from academia and other reputable sources (Wikipedia is NOT a reliable
References are correctly cited within the body of the paper. APA format is required for in-text
Examples of personal experience (work, life) that supports the research.
All references cited correctly at the end of the paper (Reference page). APA format is required for