: Discussion Questions Mod 4
Topic: Discussion Questions Mod 4
A survey from MARC Research found that among a variety of holiday specials and shopping tactics, store coupons and free-shipping offers were the two incentives most used by shoppers during the fourth-quarter 2009 holiday-shopping season.
Read more: https://www.marketingprofs.com/charts/2010/3542/shoppers-seek-coupons-and-free-shipping-offers#ixzz28gf7i57W
In addition, read the article below on the importance of “free” in online commerce:
Based on these articles and other readings you may find, what do you think of the “free” offers used by online retailers or marketer? Do you think the “free” offers would be more effective than coupons?
Organizational structure, norms, values, culture, etc., all have an impact on a leader’s success. Consider the new or advancing leader. Such a leader is expected to learn how to effectively perform all of the important administrative and professional/technical tasks. In addition, the leader needs to master the necessary social skills associated with early effectiveness in the new position. Below are 10 “sociopolitical” categories which may influence a transitioning leader’s early (and enduring) effectiveness. These include, in no particular order, the ability to:
• enter into an established leader/employee “network.”
• sense, as well as use, appropriate communication; influence behaviors.
• sense and appropriately act on keen organizational norms.
• become aware of, and sensitively interact with, organizational “blockers” and “enablers.”
• build political bridges by identifying and relating to key formal/informal power sources.
• become known as a “go-to/can-do” individual.
• be perceived as a “team player.”
• sense key organizational issues upon which to create early vision, initiatives, and value.
• identify and appropriately respond to the requirements of superiors/peers/subordinates.
• be perceived as having organizationally appropriate ethics, values, and beliefs.
Please note that these are behavioral skill categories, not actual behaviors. You likely use many of the actual behaviors (such as “interpersonal communication”) within a category every day.
Week 1 Discussion Question:
Does this list of “sociopolitical” skill categories match your sense of what is most required to help ensure a leader’s early success in a new role/position? What might you add or subtract to help ensure the most effective transition into a new job?