Use Lesson 4 “Creating Queries” to answer the questions in this lesson.
- What is a query as it relates to a database?
- Use the screen shots below to see how to create a new query in Design View from tblComics. The following fields will be added to the query:
o Original Price
- How do you add the fields to the query? Explain the steps. For assistance, see Lesson 4 “Creating Queries” on eBook.
- Run the query. How many records are there? Use the image below to answer the question.
- Switch to Design View. Limit the query so that only those comics whose publisher is Marvel Comics OR Marvel Comics Group are displayed. How do you do this? Use the image below to explain the steps.
- Only display comics whose original price is greater than .25 (don’t forget to remove the criteria from the Publisher field). How do you do this? Use the image below to explain the steps.
- Switch to Design View. Set a criterion so that only those comics that were published before 1970 are displayed. Sort ascending by YearPublished. Run the query.
How do you do this? Use the image below to explain the steps.