A. Select one of the following communicable diseases that has had an outbreak across international borders:
respiratory syndrome coronavirus
B. Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including each of the following:
name of the disease
the countries involved
the date the outbreak was discovered
the dates the disease reached each involved country
- Analyze the epidemiological determinants and risk factors associated with the outbreak.
- Discuss the route of transmission of the selected disease.
- Discuss how an outbreak of the selected disease would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
- Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your community.
- Discuss two strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your community.
C. Submit a PDF of your score summary from Bentonville that includes each of the following completed activities:
Influenza in Bentonville
Note: For an example of how your score sheet should look, refer to the attached “Sample Final Results Report: Influenza in Bentonville.”
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.