Complete a project design plan (completed before the investigation is conducted) in which you include and address the following sections:
• Problem statement
• Relevance of your testable question
• Literature review
• Experimental design
• Dependent, independent, and controlled variables
• Threat reduction to internal validity
1. In a literature review, summarize information from at least two outside science experiment projects (published works or works by other students) that relate to your topic of inquiry.
2. In an experimental design, do the following:
a. Describe the steps in the experimental procedure.
b. Discuss your reasoning for choosing this particular experimental design plan.
c. Explain the sequence of events you will use to collect quantitative data.
d. Describe the tools, technologies, and measurement units that will be used to collect quantitative data.
3. Explain and identify the dependent, independent, and controlled variables for your study.
4. Explain what you will do to reduce the threats to internal validity.
5. In the hypothesis section, state your hypothesis, and explain how you come up with your hypothesis.