Assessment 2: Phase Progress Report
Assessment 2: Phase Progress Report
You are required to complete an analysis of the marketing strategy of our Client Partner – Hitachi machinery Australia. Relevant frameworks for marketing ethics, and social responsibility should be applied and used to formulate a marketing solution supported by other marketing concepts and analytical tools.
The analysis must demonstrate:
(a) group understanding of the predominant marketing systems, and ethical, and social responsibility issues in the Client Partner industry
(b) the potential to develop ethics and social responsibility strategies for the Client Partner
(c) application of the analysis to the Client Partner.
This Assessment Task relates to the following Learning Outcomes:
• Articulate frameworks and approaches to harness the power of marketing-oriented thinking for the creation of long-term advantage of any organisation.
• Be able to conduct an industry and market analysis to assess market opportunities by analysing customers, competitors, collaborators, and other external forces
• Enhance awareness of marketing’s contribution to society through discussion of ethical and professional conduct and issues in corporate social responsibility
• The report it’s not about the current situation but it’s about the opportunity for the current situation and what is the future opportunity, which must be
o the marketing intelegent = it’s a past, pres and future-what do know and what we don’t know(opportunity)
o c1= about the pres – competition doing
o strategy intelent = what is the strategy we must do now to achive a good marketing place
o You must have conclusion and recommendation
THESE IS THE STUCTURE OF THE REPORT!YOU MUST WRITE A REPORT ABOUT(STURCTURE) AND ANSWER AND RELATED TO RELATED TO THE THEORY!!!! YOU MUST ANSWER EVERY QUESTION WITH A HEADING AND SUB HEADING AND YOU MUST ANSWER EVERY DETAIL . PLEASE USE http://hitachicm.com.au OR OTHERS HITACHI WEBSITE AND OTHER RELAVANT REFRENCE SUCH AS PEERREVIEW JOURNAL ETC BUT DON’T USE BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phase 1- Industry and client partner overview(so you must talk about Australia)
• Provide an overview of the industry sector(hitachi machinery australia), and the client partner’s business –
• Be sure to identify the key issues and challenges in the industry, and to the client partner.
• Provide data on the size of the industry ($ value, no’ of sales, recent trends) and size of the business for Hitachi ($ value, no’ of sales, recent trends).
• Provide a competition analysis using appropriate frameworks. Who are the key players in this industry, and who are the key competitors to Hitachi?
• Identify the customers in the industry, and for Hitachi. Who buys and consumes? Segment the consumer market using appropriate segmenting variables, i.e. geographic, demographic, psychographic, behavioural, VALS. It is appropriate for more than one segmenting variable to be used. Provide actual Australian data and justify the use of various segmenting variables used. Why are they relevant and what do they add to your analysis?
• How, when and where do consumers buy? What is the purchasing behaviour process? Decision making unit (consumer/industry), buying process, alternatives considered, information sources, decision criteria, existing knowledge and beliefs etc.
• Environmental Impacts on Demand – Identify environmental factors affecting demand: including, socio-cultural, economic and material environment, regulations, technology, and relevant infrastructure (transport, communication, finance etc.).
Reflect on Hitachi’s Key CSR Areas
1. Recognition of Social Responsibility
2. Organizational Governance