ASD and Neurotypical individuals
Do rates of empathy (cognitive and affective) vary between ASD and Neurotypical individuals when controlling for social desirability?
The key hypothesis derived from the research theory are:
• Hypothesis I: There will be positive relationship between self-reported empathy (EQ-short task) and empathy recognition (Reading the mind in films task).
• Null Hypothesis: There is a no relationship between self-reported empathy (EQ-short task) and empathy recognition (Reading the mind in films task). There will be no difference between self-reported empathy and empathy recognition when social desirability (social desirability scale) is included.
• Is there a logical structure, outlining a broad area then focusing on a precise topic?
• Is there a clear argument for why the topic has been studied and why it is interesting?
• Is there sufficient relevant background material?
• Are relevant contemporary and classic sources discussed?
• Is there critical analysis and evaluation of previous research in the area (i.e., theories, models or theoretical frameworks; empirical evidence; methods used in previous research)?
• Is there a clear rationale for the study and methods?