Order DescriptionYour CEO (or the CEO of a company with which you do business and/or are familiar) has asked you to explore Argentina as a potential place for you to do business as part of an international growth strategy and/or to leverage productive resources. He has asked you to read some key articles that he has been told will help prepare you. Because you are not able to travel to Argentina to explore opportunities first-hand, he has first asked you to study your industry in the country in-depth. As such, this assignment has two parts.
1. Please provide an in-depth analysis of your industry in Argentina and the major drivers and developments. This analysis, which will likely run 10-12 single spaced pages, should include
a. Overall economic and industry trends in the country
b. Key political and regulatory issues facing the industry
c. Geographic, demographic, and cultural considerations
d. Technological considerations
e. Any other important information and data
f. Be sure document is fully referenced
1. What are some of the general issues and challenges facing the country in which we are considering investing? These might include economic performance and stability, labor and workforce consideration, political stability and responsiveness, as well as any particular recent developments that could influence our decision.
2. Drawing from the “Reassessing risk” and “Coping with corruption” articles and your additional research, what are some political risks associated with doing business in emerging markets generally and Argentina in particular? How might our organization respond to those challenges?
3. Drawing from the “Strategies that fit emerging markets” and “Managing differences” articles and your additional research, what are institutional challenges and strategic pressures facing firms doing business in emerging markets generally and Argentina in particular. How might our organization respond to those challenges?
4. Drawing from the “Meanings and Dimensions of Culture” and “Cultural Intelligence” articles and your additional research, what are some of the specific cultural challenges associated with doing business in Argentina; what specific steps might we take for overcoming them?
5. Drawing from the “Emerging Giants” article and your additional research, how are local, indigenous companies responding to these political, legal, and cultural challenges and what can we learn from their experiences to help us as we consider entering this market?
6. Drawing on the “Cultural Intelligence” and “Making it Overseas” articles, how do you see your development and potential as a global leader and what additional steps could you take in your own professional development as we consider entering and operating in Argentina?