Acquiring a Contract with the Navy
Topic: Acquiring a Contract with the Navy
: Acquiring a Contract with the Navy
Due to additional requirements, the Department of Navy cancelled the IFB (sealed Bid) and issued a Request for Proposal (RFP), # 987654321, Dated August 3, 2015, requiring the same specialty coating for ceramic tile and marble floors. This is a Firm Fixed Price Proposal with Economic Adjustments.
Statement of Work (Requirements):
Provide protective floor coating to the following locations and perform quarterly maintenance:
Building A, Room 300, Cafeteria Room Size 50 X 40
Building B, Room 500, Admiral’s Conference Room Room Size 15 X 20
Building C, Gymnasium Room Size 100 X 60
Before beginning this assignment, review FAR Subpart 19.5—Set-Asides for Small Business, located at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/html/Subpart%2019_5.html
Additional factors to consider are:
1. Both your company and your competitor’s company will qualify under the HUBZone Act
2. The magnitude of this solicitation is between $200,000 – $400,000.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
1. Examine two (2) reasons why your business would qualify under the basic concepts of the HUBZone Set-Aside Procedures. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. Analyze the primary way(s) in which a multiyear contract would benefit both the Navy and your business. See FAR 17.1 Multi-year contracting.
3. You are bidding on a Firm Fixed Price contract. Briefly describe two pros/cons of bidding on a Firm Fixed price solicitation for your company and the Department of the Navy, respectively.
4. Provide your technical and cost proposal. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Speculate on three (3) potential risk factors that you will need to consider if your company is awarded the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Use at least (4) quality references Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Interpret the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to small-business programs.
• Describe the various types of contracts and considerations for their use.
• Outline and explain the process for developing competitive proposals and source selection.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in federal acquisition and contract management.
• Write clearly and concisely about federal acquisition and contract management using proper writing mechanics.